Below is a list of the top 5 “gear” I wear, use, eat, etc. for my workouts and runs.
- Whether I am running or just working out at the gym, I always put NUUN in my water. It helps too because I do’nt drink much water and I love their Lemon Tea flavor. For those of you who don’t know what NUUN is, it is an electrolyte enhanced active hydration tab you put in your water. They are packed with electrolytes and are similar to Gatorade without all of the added sugar. They also have NUUN especially just for all day hydration and “natural” hydration but I haven’t tried those yet. The Active Hydration tabs are designed to hydrate you while you are working out while the others are more geared towards all day hydration.
- Saucony Running Shorts
- I bought these 3 years ago at Jack Rabbit Sports in NYC before I ran the Tunnel to Towers 5k and I wear them at least 3x a week. They don’t ride up and they are so comfy!
- Pro Compression Marathon Socks
- I am completely biased to Pro Compression’s socks because they are the only compression socks I have ever tried. But, regardless, I have 5 pairs and wear them every time I run. I used to have bad shin splints (so bad I went to PT for them) and these socks do wonders for my legs.
- Garmin FR210
- I am fairly new to the GPS watch world and by fairly, I mean 3 months. I can’t believe I ever ran without one! I love that I can check my pace and splits, and also set up intervals for speed workouts so that I don’t have to hit the lap button every interval. It has definitely helped with marathon training and keeping me in check with my pace.
- Brooks Pure Cadence (NEW)
- I bought these Brooks last month because my old running shoes (Asics Sky Speed 2) were discontinued and I was on my last pair. I wanted to get a new pair of sneaks and have them broken in by marathon day. These.Shoes.Are.Awesome! And comfy. And good-looking. Since they are performance stability, I still have some support to help with my over-pronating, flat feet.
And that is my favorite running gear. Stay tuned next week for Top 5 Workout Supplements by Guest Blogger Tim!!
What is your favorite running gear?
What can you not run without?