It’s Foodie Penpal Reveal Day! This was my first month participating and I loved it! If you aren’t sure what Foodie Penpals is, check out the info below. I received a box full of goodies from Emily at itsthestringers.com
I was in Florida the 2nd week of September and came home Sunday night to a huge box and I knew exactly who it was from and what it was! Emily was an awesome penpal, she even sent me a rather large list of questions that I should answer so that she could better get a grasp of what I liked and disliked. The box of goodies also came with a cute notepad with a handwritten note from Emily, as well as, little notes all over each of the items she sent. It was so nice and thoughtful of her.
Since it was my first month, I don’t think I was as great to my penpal that I sent goodies to so I hope she likes what she received! If you’d like to see what I sent, check out Mollie’s blog at Zen Smiles.
From left to right, starting at top left:
- Pumpkin pancake mix & syrup- It’s about that time for pumpkin everything and I love pumpkin! I haven’t made the mix yet but I can’t wait until I have a free weekend morning to make them. Emily was also sweet enough to send syrup “just in case.”
- Cute handwritten note from Emily!
- Lemon cookies & lemon curd- I told Emily I loved lemon flavored goodies and she definitely aimed to please with all the lemony things she sent. Yum & Yum!
- Fruit Chips & Fruit Strips- I haven’t tried the fruit chips yet but the fruit strips taste like fruit roll-ups but with a better taste of the fruit. They are yummy and a great, sweet snack at only 45 calories each.
- Orange Cranberry Scones- These are delicious and I definitely love them with the Lemon Curd!
- Tea & Coffee k-cups- I haven’t tried the tea yet but the coffee (in her favorite flavor of Coconut Mocha) is delicious. I told Emily I have been eating a lot of coconut flavored stuff lately so she sent the coffee and I loved it. I also love k-cups because I don’t like to use a coffee maker.
- The BIG box of goodies
- Scones w/ lemon curd
Thank you Emily for a great first month of foodie penpals. Whoever gets you each month is one lucky person!
And now it’s time for some details about Foodie Penpals.:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.