First off let me start with saying how much I LOVE Foodie Penpals. I love receiving new and favorite snacks and food each month from friends all over the U.S. Foodie penpals definitely adds to my pantry monthly. This month I sent a package to Victoria and received some great goodies from Erin.
I was so excited when I got the package that I ripped through the box and started trying everything so I apologize for the lack of pictures!
Erin sent a great note and a recipe! Since I have been baking a lot, and my mom now expects goodies at holidays, I love love love recipes!
What my box included:
- Texas local pecans- I love pecans but don’t have a nutcracker so I haven’t tried them yet. I am very excited to bake with them!
- Juniper berries- These were sent with a recipe. I have never had juniper berries and don’t even know what they taste like but a recipe named “Gingerbread cookies with a juniper berry glaze” sounds amazing! I can’t wait! Recipe and pictures to follow after I bake the cookies!
- Popcorn kernels- I didn’t even tell Erin but I love popcorn. It is one of my favorite snacks. She sent kernels with a bag to pop them in. How thoughtful!
- Homemade croutons- These are so good. I have just been munching on them as a snack.
- Allegro Tea- I am not usually a tea person unless I am sick, especially not a caffeine free one but my roommate loves this! I am always for trying new things so I will definitely try it before I knock it.
- Apple Pie Lara bar- I love Lara bars for snacks but have never tried Apple pie flavored. Its delicious!
- Iced Gingerbread Clif Bar- Seasonal flavors like gingerbread remind me how much I love the winter holidays!
- Pumpkin pie coffee- How did she know I loved Pumpkin flavored coffee? But I guess, who doesn’t? It is from a local coffee shop near her campus.
She definitely went over the top and I absolutely can’t wait to bake the cookies!
Now it’s your turn to join Foodie Penpals and get in on all the fun! Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean is the brains behind this great event! Here is an explanation of the program:
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!