It’s reveal day! This month I received a package from Foodie Penpals very own Lindsay! But before we get to what I received, lets talk about what I sent. I was paired with Michaela who lives a gluten free life. Let’s remember, I eat cupcakes almost daily so I am not the most gluten conscious person. I also am not very gluten free smart so it took some researching and a lot of searching for labels with “gluten free” on them. But I think I ended up doing pretty well. Check out Michaela’s blog to see what I sent her.. Serif and Spice.
Lindsay really listened to my likes and dislikes and sent me some great items. Check them out below!
- Hot Oats Blueberry Banana oatmeal and Apple Cinnamon oatmeal– I have seen this on many blogs but I can’t find it in stores ANYWHERE! I am so glad Lindsay sent these to me to try. I have yet to try them because I have been away for a week .
- Lara ALT Bars– These are my favorite Lara bars and I can only find them at a natural market near me and when Lara is nice enough to send them to me. These 4 have all already been eaten! I am glad I took pictures once I received them. They are Lara’s protein version of their fruit and nut bars.
- Kind Bars- I love Kind bars especially because most have both that sweet and salty flavor. The pomegranate blueberry pistachio is so yummy (sweet & salty!) but I haven’t had the cranberry almond yet.
- CLIF Bar Cool Mint Chocolate- I am one of those people that hates thin mints and mint chocolate chip ice cream. Yes, you may think I am weird but I do not like mint and chocolate together. This one is for the boyf.
- Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams- It’s like Lindsay read my mind. I ran out of this recently and used it for a late night snack on a banana or piece of toast. Thank you Lindsay because I no longer need to go to the grocery store and hope they have this in stock!
- Jack Link’s Teriyaki Beef Jerky- GONE. This entire package was eaten the day I received it. I told Lindsay I was on a beef jerky kick and she delivered. If you like beef jerky, Jack Link’s is the way to go. My favorite flavor is their sweet & hot jerky.
- Vega All-in-one nutrition bar and Vibrancy bars- I ordered Vega’s protein powder awhile back and thought it had a weird taste to it. I wasn’t really a fan of the all-in-one nutrition bar for the same reason but the vibrancy bar was ok. I’ll stick to Lara and Clif bars, for now. Unless I become a vegan and then maybe ill switch to Vega.
- Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds- O.M.G. These are addicting! They are a great snack and I have been munching on them almost daily!
- Muesli Fusion Athlete Fuel- I was very excited when I saw this pop up in my package. I have never even heard of this before but anything that caters to the “athlete” is great in my book. You can eat it hot or cold, munch on it, throw it in milk or yogurt. I haven’t tried the latter but I have had a few handfuls.
Want to learn more about Foodie Penpals? Check out Lindsay’s blog, The Lean Green Bean.
Here is an explanation of the program:
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.