Bored at work today (shhhh) and I came across this quiz on The Hungry Runner Girl.
1. On average how many races do you run a year?
This usually varies depending on how many injuries my body wants to incur every year but how about I just tell you how many races I ran this year? 10 (to include the Richmond Half in 2 weeks). Three 5ks, one 5miler, one 10k, one obstacle course, and 4 half marathons.
2. Things you have to run with: I like to run with my Garmin not just for timing/pace but also just to calculate the distance. On long runs, I like to wear compression socks, iPhone and headphones for music and just clothes. I don’t run naked. Sorry.
3. Where do your workouts come from? A training plan, a coach, whatever you feel like doing that day or what your training partner is doing that day?
Lately, I just run randomly on days off from work or on the weekends. Most of my runs besides the ones I just mentioned, are done during the workout of the day at CrossFit. Usually 400m repeats with other movements or today’s workout, 10x100m sprints.
4. How many miles on average do you put on a pair of shoes?
I am not really good at tracking these things but I would say I am pretty good at switching up my shoes every 500-750 miles or so.
5. Cell phone- do you bring it with you on your run or leave it at home?
It’s always with me. Either for music, photos, or just to have a phone. Maybe one day I’ll just need to be picked up on the side of the road during a bad run. You never know.
6. What was your last running related injury or have you been an injury free runner?
I seem to always have something wrong with me. Whether it keeps me on the sidelines for months (knee/IT band last year) or just a couple of days (random swollen ankle, pinched nerve in neck).
7. Is your current running goal about running a farther distance (adding more mileage) or getting faster or BOTH?!?
As much as I would like to run my first marathon soon, I don’t think my body wants me to. So my goal for now is not running for distance but definitely running for time. I used to never think I would be able to get the half marathon times I have in the past, and I want to work on getting faster and getting another half marathon PR in the near future.
8. Speedwork—-> at the track, on the treadmill, on the roads or never do it?
I LOVE speed work. I used to run on the treadmill all of the time but I haven’t in months. The track is my best option but sometimes the roads are my only option. I live right behind a high school so the track is perfect in the summer but when school is in session, I always seem to have to share it with the high schoolers.
9. Stretching after a run: hit the ground after a run and get stretching, stretch in the shower, stretch once you get to work/school, skip the stretching?
After all of my injuries, you’d think I would be better at stretching. I am not. I try to sometimes but usually a little walk after my run and I am inside, sprawled on a couch with food. FAIL.
10. What was your reason(S) for starting to run?
I started running (and racing) in 2009. My friend and I decided to sign up for a 5k and I was hooked when I began training. I used to run a couple of miles tops on the treadmill at the gym just for some cardio but now I run because I LOVE it. I can clear my mind or go for a run just to think about things. Or just pound the pavement listening to some fun songs.
Now it’s your turn! GO!